|Seminar Name||Light Up with e-Textiling|
|Seminar Short Desc||Discover what e-textiling is and how it revolutionizes technology, art, and fashion by incorporating science and coding.|
|Seminar Full Desc||eTextiling incorporates LED lights into fabrics through the use of conductive thread which can then be worn or displayed. Lights may remain on, flash, or even be coded to respond to sound. Learn how this tool can be for beginners to advanced learners. Hands on experience will allow you to create, take, and share!|
|Opening Time||8:30 am|
|Closing Time||2:45 pm|
|Seminar Audience||Home and Career Teachers (FACS)
|Seminar Prerequisites||Not set|
|Seminar Objectives||1. Participants will learn about eTextiling: what it is, how it works, how it is used.
2. Participants will view items created with the LilyPad LED kit.
3. Participants will practice the fundamental use of positive and negative energy to create an object made with conductive thread and LED lights.
4. Participants will brainstorm ideas to incorporate e-Textiling into their curriculum or extra-curricular event.
5. Participants will be encouraged to build on basic knowledge to create items that will inspire students and to generate an interest in e-textiling.
6. Future workshops will be offered to help educators further develop e-textiling skills in order to challenge students.|
|Seminar Topics||Not set|
|Online Course Type||Not set|
|Site||CA BOCES - Learning Resources|
|Workshop||Light Up with e-Textiling|
|Total Workshop Days||2|
|Starting Registration||8:00 am|
|Credit Hours||6.25 Per Day|
|Online Course Instructions||Not set|
|Online Course Url||Not set|
|Alt Fee Per Participant||Not set|
|Evaluation Summary||Not set|
|Cancelled Date||Not set|